Monday, January 2, 2012

Finally Over

Here it is.  The moment that you have been waiting for, my final fantasy football post of the season.  My teams finished 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 14th.  This is my third year with five teams.  I won two titles each of the past two years.  It is no fun having this many teams and no championship.

The Neptune Pirates lost the championship game by just over two points.  I was trying to become the first back to back champion and first four time winner in the eleven year history of the league.  I traded for Calvin Johnson in midseason giving me a third choice for next season's keepers along with Arian Foster and Adrian Peterson.  Peterson has spent his entire five year career with the Pirates (or whatever my teams were named those years), but his season ending knee injury puts his return in jeopardy.

John Brown entered the playoffs on an eleven game winning streak but was easily dispatched by the fourth seed.  JB had a surprisingly good season despite season ending injuries to Jamaal Charles, Matt Schaub, Javid Best, and Greg Jennings.  Hopefully these guys will all be back healthy next season since I get to keep most of the players on this team.

The Danville Platypi were going for a three-peat, but without first round draft pick Jamaal Charles they could not compete with the top two teams in the league.  Congrats to the Bluth Frozen Bananas for their first boy league championship.

4th and Long had their best finish ever.  After four seasons, all in the consolation bracket, I hope that I can finally break into the winner's bracket next year.

Packers Repeat were my third team that lost Jamaal Charles for the season.  In a sixteen team league the talent was spread too thin for me to recover from that injury when my other running backs, Amhad Bradshaw and Matt Forte, also were injured.  I lost eight in a row thanks to those injuries.

NCAA Violations finished in the 92.3 percentile of the College Football Challenge.  Good enough for 6th place at the post office.

Streakers finished in the 95.6 percentile of the Gridiron Challenge.  Good enough for 5th place at the post office.

No comments:

Post a Comment