Friday, September 2, 2011

Birthdaypalooza

I have been suffering from writer's block all week.  It may be because I am too intimidated to follow up my brilliant posts from last week.  I set the bar so high that it will be impossible to remain at that level of comedic genius.  My block may have come from my knowing that I should be cleaning my house instead of trying to write.  I subconsciencely  have sabotaged my writing because of my house cleaning procrastination.  Now that I am ready for my weekend guest, I hope that I am able to turn some thoughts into words.

A few years ago I heard a sports talk radio host refer to his age by an athlete's name instead of by the number of years.  I think he was turning Magic (32) or Larry (33).  I thought that this was a great idea and have used this same method at times.  Unfortunately Angel Guzman spent all of my 37th year on the disabled list.  I was looking forward to turn 38 until Big Z went crazy two weeks before my birthday.  Though Zambrano is no longer playing for the Cubs, he still plays for my playstation Cubs.  On the day I turned 38, it was his turn to pitch.  He gave up a couple of runs, but drove in four.  Even though he is lost to Chicago, he still retains his sanity on the ps3.

I finished rewatching Angel on Monday.  It was, as always, even better than I remembered.  Since the news is on vacation this week, I have not had any tv to watch, so I started watching some shows on netflix.

I have mixed feelings about Family Guy.  I love Stewie and Brian but hate Peter.  I will likely watch some more of this because in every episode so far there has been at least one laugh out loud moment.  

So far I am very disappointed by The League.  I should love a show about fantasy football, but through two episodes I do not like any of the characters.  I will watch a couple more before making a decision.  This show may be like Entourage, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, and Curb Your Enthusiasm, funny shows but unlikable characters.  If that is the case, I will not watch much longer.

Even though I am not an online gamer, I really like The Guild.  Nerddom and complete lack of social skills are  my areas of expertise, so I relate well to this show.  Mostly I watch it because of three time Whedonite Felicia Day.

The college football season started last night with a Bluegrass double header.  Murray State lost 21-9 at Louisville.  The Racers really struggled at times and only kept the game that close because of Cardinal mistakes.  I think we will be ok against OVC competition.  In Nashville, for some unknown reason, Kentucky beat Western Kentucky 14-3.  Being a fan of both schools, I never could figure out which team I was pulling for in the game.

I thought that I would have more to write today since I am over half way through birthday week.  But Beebe is calling my name, so I will sign off and head to the northeast.

No comments:

Post a Comment