Thursday, September 29, 2011

One Out of Three Ain't Bad

I used to be pretty good at coming up with catchy titles for my posts, but lately I have been disappointed with my efforts.  A couple weeks ago, I had intended to title this post "Always a Bridesmaid," but then the unthinkable happened.  Just like the Cardinals and the Rays, I completed a miraculous comeback.

Been Caught Stealing, my National League only team, was in eighth place of ten for most of May.  In late June I was a season high 33 points out of first place.  With the help of Dan Uggla's 33 game hitting streak, I made a stead climb up the standings.  By late July I was in fifth place.  On September 5, I moved into medal contention, third place, 12 points out of first.   On the 19th, I was tied for second place and only one point out of first.  The next day, I moved into first place and stayed there for the rest of the season.  In September I raised my point total from 61 to 79, gaining points in nearly every category.  I did all of this with very little contribution from my first round draft choice Hanley Ramirez, who missed 70 games and played bad even when healthy.  That gives me some hope for my fantasy football teams.

Suicide Squeeze spent much of the season in third place, but had been in second for the past week.  On the last day of the season I lost 3.5 points and finished in third place.  The pitching dominance of Roy Halladay and Clayton Kershaw could not make up for my under performing outfield Carl Crawford, Jason Werth, and Andrew McCutchen.

Tinker2Evers2Chance, my head to head team, lost 6-3 in the championship game to the number one seed.

All three of my teams finished in the top three of their league.  It is amazing how good I am at this when I don't have to play against Joshua.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats, three fantasy trophies out of three is a nice haul. I am especially amazed that the championship team was Been Caught Stealing, that is an amazing finish to an amazingly bad start.

    As far as not doing well against me, you should complain about the league set-up and commissioner decisions for your poor performance that is what others seemed to do.

    ReplyDelete