Saturday, August 27, 2011

Carrot Top

Would you rather Mac ask you about having super powers or a different topic?  Hopefully, this will inspire a new topic of conversation.

Last Wednesday at church the speaker was talking about getting more involved in the church and forming closer relationships with our fellow members.  He said that we all need a Paul, a Timothy, and a Barnabus in our lives.  Paul to be your mentor.  Timothy to be mentored.  Barnabus to be a close friend who will hold you accountable.  My friends and I were discussing the lesson after church, and someone, maybe me, thought that there needed to be more Bible character choices to describe the people in our lives.  Here are a few that I came to mind.

Ellen is Lot to my Abraham.  I am the older, wiser relative who let's her choose first.

When I was much younger Michelle was Aaron to my Moses.  She was my mouth piece when I was a less skilled talker.

Many people could claim the name Eutychus to Mac's Paul. He can talk anyone to sleep.

Numerous people have been Mary to my Martha or Martha to my Mary depending on who is playing the role of Jesus.

Joshua is Peter to my Malchus.  Though it was my tooth and not my ear.

Joshua is also Jacob.  He stole the birthrite by having the first blue eyed, blonde headed grandchild.

Butch is also Jacob.  He loves to give coats to many Josephs.

Traci is Jesus at the wedding, turning water into coffee.

ESPN, the queen of Sheba, gave me riches when I displayed the wisdom of Solomon.

If I ever cooked for her, Susan would be Hananiah, Mishael, Azariah, or Daniel and refuse to eat the meat.

This was a fun exercise in analogy.  There are so many more Bible characters that I did not get to use.  Could someone volunteer to be Eglon, so that I can gore them with my sword like Ehud?

7 comments:

  1. I do not think I need to volunteer to be Eglon because you are always gore me with your sword.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nearly fell off my stool laughing! Can't wait to hear some more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog, made me laugh!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are my Balaam. God wants you to listen to me even if I'm a jack-ass.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Josie is my Jeremiah. She's always bringing me ruined loincloths.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elijah is the David to my Goliath - always coming at me with sticks and trowing things at my head.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Funniest thing you've ever written. Still jealous.

    ReplyDelete