Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Is the NBA Still Locked Out?

Editor's note: I realize that you don't want to read another fantasy football post, but my other option today was a detailed description of my bodily functions from when I tried to die on Friday.  Trust me, you are better off getting fantasy football.

Once upon a time, I wrote about how the success of three of my fantasy football teams would rely heavily on the legs on Jamaal Charles.  Just twelve carries into the season, he tore his ACL, and ended his season.  Arian Foster, who plays for one of my other teams, had ten carries in the only game he has played so far this season.  His hamstring might be healthy enough to play some next week.  Michael Vick left his last two games with injuries.  My first round draft pick in all five leagues have been injured this season.

That last sentence is only marginally true.  I am in two leagues that keep players on your team from the previous season.  Foster and Adrian Peterson  were my two keepers in one of those leagues.  They were the ranked the top two players in fantasy football before the season started.  Peterson was actually my first choice to keep, though Foster's stats were much better than Peterson's last year.

Without those key players my teams have a combined record of 7-8.  The Neptune Pirates, 3-0 even without Foster, are my only hope for championship this year.  I am so ready for basketball season.

1 comment:

  1. I'm ready for NBA season to start as well. I am also ready for my team to get another NBA Championship ring!

    ReplyDelete