Thursday, June 30, 2011

Thirty-Sixth Times the Charm

In a post last week I mentioned Sporcle.  I have been meaning to write a post about it for a while but just never got around to it.  Sporcle is how I spent my life while the rest of the smart phone owning community is playing Angry Birds.  It is by far the best $0.99 that I have ever spent.  A distant second place is everything on the Taco Bell $0.99 menu.  There are more games on the online version, but I mostly play on my phone.  The game that I play the most is Harry Potter Top 200.  The object of the quiz is to list the 200 most mentioned characters in the Harry Potter series in 18 minutes.  My phone has played this game 36 times, though not all by me, Ellen played some of them.  The first few times that I played, my scores were very disappointing.  My competitive nature forced me to return about once a week to improve my score.  Of course every time that I did better, I would raise my goal.  Eventually I decided that I had to get them all right.  So after 36 tries, I finally have a perfect score.

1 comment: