Friday, June 3, 2011

On Death's Door

Yesterday on Facebook I told you about my sore throat.  As usual the pain lasted about a day then turned into a cold.  My nose and head are stopped up, and I ache all over.  One of these days I will buy a thermometer, but until then I will just assume that I have a fever.  I barely even have the strength to hold this phone and type this out.

Ideally I would have gone to bed last night and slept until I needed to wake up and blow my nose.  That would be approximately every 30 minutes.  I am a nose breather, so I often feel like I am going to suffocate when I have to breathe out of my mouth.

Instead I went to work.  My job is hard enough when healthy but it is nearly impossible when I feel like this.  Did I mention that I work outside?  The temperature was in the high 70's and humidity in the 80's.  With this cold, the weather is a choking Heat.  Somehow I lived through the night.

Now I am going to sleep like a baby.  By that I mean, waking up crying every twice an hour.  I will get up too early this afternoon, just because I will be tired of going back to sleep so many times.

Of course I plan on being healthy enough to see some of you tonight.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you are so pitiful! Get better now! --"Sleep like a baby"--heehee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summer colds are the worst. ever

    ReplyDelete