Monday, June 27, 2011

People on the Internet Are Stupid

I wrote a post about every round of the NCAA Basketball Tournament back in March.  Since I wrote that much about something as unimportant as basketball, you knew that I would have to write about each round of the Harry Potter World Cup.  Most of the voting went as I expected.  I voted for 26 of the 32 winners.  One of the closest votes was Kingsley's win over Moody.  I voted for Kingsley.  But if he had been facing Barty Crouch Jr. instead of the real Moody, I would have voted for Crouch.

I missed Grindelwald vs. Ollivander.  I do not have a strong feeling toward either wizard, but would rather have seen the Dumbledore/Grindelwald match-up in the second round.  I voted for Krum to beat Fleur.  That was the most difficult first round match-up for me, so I am not upset that Fleur won.  I voted for Peeves, Kreacher, and Moaning Myrtle over Drako, James, and the Dark Lord.  I knew that there was not much chance that they would advance, but they are some of my favorite characters.  The worst miscarriage of justice in the history of the internet was Narcissa beating Luna.  There is speculation that the voting went that way not because of Narcissa's fan base or Luna haters, but because the winner of the match-up would be facing Cedric (Robert Pattinson).  This makes me want to renounce pacifism, and reach into the internet to gore someone with my sword.  This is what Edward deserves.

2 comments:

  1. The things you find while surfing the net about Harry Potter. Are you including yourself with the people on the internet?


    dlittleprince

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that it would be a bit hypocritical not to include myself with the mindless masses.

    ReplyDelete