Tuesday, April 5, 2011

When all else fails, read the directions

Sunday night my internet stopped working.  I turned on the tv to see if the cable was still on.  It was,
which made me believe that the internet problem was in the house and not a Comcast problem.  I unplugged and replugged the modem and router.  That did not fix the problem.  For the next day and a half, I periodically repeated this process.  When I got home from work Tuesday morning, I resolved that I would break down and call Comcast if I could not get it fixed on my own.  Since I do not know if the problem is with the modem or the router, I decided to plug the modem into the laptop to see if it would work.  After some searching, I found the modem instructions.  On Monday I plugged the modem straight into the laptop with no results, but now that I tried it again according to the directions, it worked.  At that point I read the rest of the directions.  So I hooked it back up to the router correctly and once again had wireless internet at my house.

Monday is a really bad day for my internet to be out.  I am home and awake for most of the day.  Even though I was able to perform most of my daily internet activities on my iPhone, I still moped around the house all day like I had lost my best friend.  Apparently my internet addictions are stronger than I realized.  I do not know if there is a cure for internet addiction.  The first step is likely a desire to cut back on internet usage, which I do not have.

1 comment:

  1. Following directions and doing what is expected of me is something I love doing each and every day.

    If I do not follow directions, I have people who willingly tell me where to go and how to get there.

    ReplyDelete