Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Twas the Night Before Today

Twas the night before today, when all through the house
Not a Kreacher was stirring, my laptop has no mouse.
I was on the couch nestled for sleep,
While the Oke City Thunder went for the sweep.

I woke for two phone calls and my alarm,
But thrice returned to sleep without any harm.
When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter,
I sprang from the sofa to see what was the matter.

Away to the window I flew like the Flash,
And peaked through the mini blinds to see what went “Smash.”
I could not see much in weather so dreary,
But what I saw made me quite weary.

A truck was trying to flee the scene quick,
But his tires could not get traction cause the road was so slick.
He drove down the street spinning and sliding,
I put on my shoes and came out of hiding.

Neighbors who witnessed came outside too,
With a flashlight to shine on the work I must do.
My mailbox was lying flat on its back.
It was the victim of this drive by attack.


I stood it back up in the soft ground,
It is now vertical, but not very sound.
The mailbox is dented and covered in mud,
It will be washed off by today’s oncoming flood.


The yutes got away but left tire tracks,
Cousin Vinny could look at them and know all the facts.
I reported the crime on the Book of Face,
And got a confession from my friend mmlace.


I will replant my mailbox in a couple of day,
With my digging skills, I doubt it will stay.
I was heard to exclaim as I finished this blog,
“It is about time that I wrote something funny again!”

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful. Uncle Grant would be proud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfection.

    And you're correct. It was about time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this, made me laugh out loud. Sorry about the disruption to your sleep and your mailbox, but it made great blog flodder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this!! And I agree with all of the above comments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got a chuckle or two from this. Love the homage to "Twas The Night Before Christmas".

    What I find even funnier is coming home to two police cars at your home and a Trans Am on top of your brick mailbox.

    ReplyDelete