Saturday, April 30, 2011

Dreadfully Busy

Having done this for only a few months, it was no surprise to me that blogging was one of the first things to fall by the wayside when my life got busy.  Last week after Grams broke her hip, I spent most of my free time at the hospital.  I don't think I was much help there, but I did bring a thermos full of g3 coffee every day, which counts for something.  I also made sure that no one had to miss a meal or eat alone.

Thankfully the hospital did have wireless internet, but I did not have any inspiration or even desire to write anything while there.  The daily drive from North Rock to Searcy would have been really hard for me if i had not been traveling with Jim Dale and angry Harry.  I spent more time that week in the car than I spent awake at my house.

All of the things that needed dong at home got pushed back to this week.  Some of those things will be future posts, so I will not go into them now.  But this example should let you know how busy I have been this week.  My ps3 has only been turned on twice in the past two weeks.  A far cry from the almost daily use that it usually gets.  Of course busyness is relative.  Some of my too busy to write was me cleaning off the dvr.  I am getting ready to spend my third weekend in a row in White County, but after that, I hope to have time to write again.

2 comments:

  1. You were very appreciated at the hospital. Sometimes coffee and meal company is what is needed most. And I hope you sang this blog title when you wrote it like I did when I read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very good at being an encouraging presence. So I know am sure your presence was greatly appreciated at the hospital.

    I did miss the occasional chuckle your blogs give me during your dreadfully busy time.

    ReplyDelete