Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Role Reversal

People seemed to be interested in my sleeping habits, or it may just an easy topic for conversation. Like when Susan used to ask Will a question about his work, then thirty minutes later, he's still talking, and everyone is looking for razor blades or tying their shoe laces in nooses. But I'll take a chance and tell you anyway.

Saturday I slept from midnight to 5:30. I try to get at least six hours and wanted to sleep longer that day, but I couldn't fall back asleep. That's usually enough sleep to get me through, but this day I was exhausted. I was dozing off while watching tv and really wanted to go to bed before 7:30. Eventually I gave up the fight and took a nap. Even the World Series wasn't a good enough draw to keep me awake. Once when I woke up, this conversation happened.

Ellen "You're missing a good game. Too bad you don't like baseball as much as me."

Shane "Too bad you don't like sleep as much as me."

Ellen "I'm gonna tweet that." (I always tell her that I already tweeted things when she tells me not to repeat them. Ellen doesn't tweet.)

Shane "#FreakyFriday" (I didn't actually say hashtag, but this is the Mac version of the story.)

That conversation was enough to wake me up, and I got to see the crazy ending of the ballgame. As I write this out, I realize that it loses quite a bit in the retelling. But I have to post it, cause it's already written and cause people commit suicide during Will's stories.

3 comments:

  1. Funniest thing on the internet today. I'm not even biased by the fact that I said most of the funny things in this conversation. Also Will. That guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I whole-heartedly agree!!! Best Freaky Friday conversation EVER!!!!!!

    Also, how am I not dead yet being that I'm around for all of Will's stories-over and over and over and over. Oh, yeah--I stopped listening first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice retelling. I enjoyed the tag-team version on Sunday a bit more, but I did laugh at the Will mocking in this post. I was hoping for some kind of reference to Omar and high school football in there too, but I guess I'll have to stay tuned in 'till next time.

    ReplyDelete