Monday, November 11, 2013

Hello, My Name Is

Yesterday on the drive to Beebe the Matthew West song Hello, My Name Is came on the radio. It goes like this.

Hello, my name is regret
I'm pretty sure we have met
Every single day of your life
I'm the whisper inside
That won't let you forget

Hello, my name is defeat
I know you recognize me
Just when you think you can win
I'll drag you right back down again
'Til you've lost all belief

As I listened I realized that is where I have been living lately. I already knew it, but just had not stated it out loud. Though I didn't actually say it out loud since I wasn't in the car alone. I needed to be reminded of the truth of the rest of the song.

Oh, these are the voices. Oh, these are the lies
And I have believed them for the very last time

Hello, my name is child of the one true King
I've been saved, I've been changed, I have been set free
"Amazing Grace" is the song I sing
Hello, my name is child of the one true King

I am no longer defined
By all the wreckage behind
The one who makes all things new
Has proven it's true
Just take a look at my life

What love the Father has lavished upon us that we should be called His children

It turns out that I have all my inspirational moments while driving 67/167. Must be because it's the road to Mecca Searcy.

1 comment:

  1. This song is talking to me, too.

    Don't forget--that road also leads to your dream hometown.

    ReplyDelete