Thursday, October 24, 2013

Drama Drama Drama Anecdote From Work

My last post was more serious than my typical post. So I have been reluctant to follow it up with something frivolous. It's only been five days since that last post, but I wrote it a week before it was published. So it's actually been nearly two weeks since I've written anything, though that's not a personal record. I decided to write today whether I had anything so say or not, and it would have looked much like this paragraph. But then there was Drama at work this morning.

ps. If you're not pronouncing Drama right, you're missing half the fun of this post.

In an effort to protect the innocent, who is me, I will use pseudonyms for the people involved. The incident involved a woman and a man, so I'll call them Traci<3 and Tracii. Actually, that might be too confusing, and I don't have the heart font. I'll just call them she and he.

I was on the dock and heard an argument behind me. As his voice got louder, I turned to watch. They were standing face to face, and her back was toward me. So I could hear his side of the argument but not hers. By face to face I mean they were close enough that I hoped that neither spit when they talked. Only being able to hear one side, I thought that it was a very silly and childish thing to argue about. As I watched, I began to worry about what I should do if he hit her, because he seemed mad enough. Then he abruptly turned and walked away.

I was glad that nothing more happened but was disappointed that I didn't have a better story. Later my supervisor told me that I would have to write a statement of what I saw. I was a bit nervous since I didn't know if I was a witness for the prosecution or the defense, or even what the charge was. I wanted to ask to read their statements before giving mine, so I would have an idea of what to say. Just before I went in to testify someone asked me if she really spit in his face. That at least gave me an idea of the charges, though it didn't change my story any.

Later I saw one of my supervisors putting a guy in a chicken wing or maybe a half nelson. When I accused him of making me witness another fight, he said, "I'm from Gandhiland. I'm nonviolent." I had always assumed that he was from India. Turns out that the other guy's shoulder was dislocated, and he was just trying to help.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I do love an amusing anecdote from work. And that one was packed with drama (pronounced correctly)!! Glad you didn't have to personally deal with any bodily fluids. Some of us are not so lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amusing story. I like the bit where the woman spit in the Indian fella's face and then put him in a chicken wing while he quoted Gandhi to her. At least that's how I'll tell it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Drama, drama, drama.....nothing good like that ever happens here! Hope you don't have to go to court to testify.

    ReplyDelete
  4. UPDATE: Neither have been at work since the incident. I've had to do his job for the past two days. I asked my supervisor how long he would be gone, and if I would have to keep doing his job til he gets back, since it's my fault that he's gone. He either didn't know or wouldn't tell how long.

    ReplyDelete
  5. UPDATE 2: They were both back at work last night. Which means the suspension was for two weeks. Neither seemed to be holding a grudge against me.

    ReplyDelete