Saturday, October 5, 2013

I would drive 100,000 miles

After I got home from Camp Nana this summer, I watched Betty's odometer obsessively. Over the next 600 miles or so I rarely even looked at the road. I was so dedicated to getting this photo.


And this one.


I took these on the way to RobBob's birthday, and evidently completely lost interest in the story afterwards. It's taken me over a month to finally publish them. Even though I am very late in saying so, I am very proud of Betty and her accomplishment. I promise that at 200,000 miles, I will post in a more timely manner. I expect I'll be wearing my iGlasses then and will instantly post the story.

In a related story, I heard again recently that 94% of drivers consider themselves to be above average drivers. I am finally willing to admit that I am in that other 6%. It isn't just my desire to be in the minority. I pay very little attention to the what's going on around me unless it's heavy traffic. I rarely text while driving, but I will read tweets, take pictures of the dashboard, or perform general internetting.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Betty! Now put down your phone!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He endangers my life routinely. Make it stop. Oh wait . . . I guess I could offer to drive sometimes.

    ReplyDelete