Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Back to Routine

I feel out of place when I return to work anytime that I am away for more than my usual two days off a week.  Maybe it is because of the intensity of the fluorescent lights that gives the place an unearthly feel or it could just be that I am returning to the outside world from the arms of my family.  With my family is the only place in the world that I truly feel I belong, and there is a gaping hole inside of me whenever I leave them.  Even though there was great sadness in our latest gathering, their company filled me with joy that cannot be measured, and I count the hours until I can return.

When I finish writing this, I will scrounge something to eat from my nearly empty refrigerator.  A far different meal time from the thirteen to fifty people that I, along with my band mates, have been feeding for the past five days.  I just watched the Netflix movie that I have had since Wednesday, and next I will tackle my google reader, full nerd inbox, and dvr that have been filling up for a week.  The monotony with which I fill my life has resumed.  I found a temporary cure for my internet addiction, but it came with much too high a cost.

2 comments:

  1. Your sweetest post ever--not that I don't appreciate Cubs, comics, and cinema. (I had to really work to get that last "C"--writing really does take practice!) Your depth of feeling shines through, especially that first great paragraph.

    ReplyDelete