Saturday, August 24, 2013

Like a good neighbor, State Farm is there

With a lawnmower.

No wait. That wasn't State Farm. It was my actual good neighbor. Hold up, let me start this story over. Two weekends ago my yard needed mowing, but instead I spent the weekend in Clinton. Last Saturday when I went out to cut the already overgrown weeds, I mowed about a dozen feet before my mower died. For those of you keeping score this is the second time it has gone on the DL this season. I would have taken it to Dado the next day, but I had to get to Beebe early on Sunday to be there in time for potluck at church. My plan for today was to weedeat both the front and back, then mow on Monday just in time for Labor Day. When I finished with all the edges, I decided to chop down that tallest section of weeds in front of the house. Before I finished, but not before I was tired of weeding, my neighbor walked across the street and offered me the use of his mower. I graciously accepted. I only mowed the front not wanting to risk someone else's mower on the rock garden out back. Plus I had already spent two hours outside and was worried I might have gotten too much sun.

I had planned to get more done today, but as you can see, I am at my comp puter writing and watching baseball. There is still a chance that after Dado works his magic, I'll finish mowing on Monday or maybe Thursday. But it's just the back yard, and no one goes out there except the neighbor's dog. Not the good neighbor, the one with two barking dogs. There's a big difference.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! So glad you have a good neighbor! Now if you could just get those back neighbors to get rid of the dogs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never considered wearing eye protection when weed eating, but I kept getting stuff in my eyes. As much as I would hate to wear goggles, it would be better than losing an eye. I realize that Nick Fury is at the height of his popularity, but I'm not ready for the fun and games to be over.

    ReplyDelete