Monday, October 10, 2011

Take Me Out to the Ballgame

I have been so busy watching all this great playoff baseball that I have failed to write about it.  The last time that I wrote about baseball was back in July.  The Cubs were terrible, so I moved my allegiance to the Pirates.  At the time Pittsburgh was 49-44, half a game out of first place.  For the rest of the season the Pirates went 23-46 and finished 24 games out of first.  Meanwhile Chicago went 33-33 from that point and finished one game behind Pittsburgh with a 71-91 record.

When the playoffs started, Tampa became my new favorite team.  Sadly, they lost to Texas, but on the bright side, the Yankees lost to Detroit.  Now I am rooting for Milwaukee.  I feel a little guilty that I am not pulling for Saint Louis since so many of my friends and family are Cardinal fans.  Plus there is the subplot that St. Louis and Milwaukee both have free agent to be first basemen, and I don't know how much winning or loosing the World Series will influence them into resigning with their current teams.  I really want one of them to play for Chicago next season.

Pujols is a better player, but I would rather have Fielder.  He is four years younger and hits from the left side, which would help balance the mostly right handed Cubs lineup.  Also, I think that Pujols is more likely to resign with St. Louis and not go to the highest bidder.  I would not be opposed to bringing Pena back at first for less money than those two, if the money saved was used to resign Ramirez and get some pitching help.

2 comments:

  1. Even though I know of your disdain of Texas and Texas things, please root for Texas in the World Series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are in luck. I usually pull for the team that has never won the World Series, so I will be for the Rangers.

    ReplyDelete