Saturday, October 29, 2011

Congrats, I guess

I announced that I would be supporting Texas in the World Series before it began.  Unfortunately I had to watch game 3 with my favorite Cardinals fan.  Due to my love for my brother, I secretly switched my allegiance to St Louis.  Baseball teams that I root for have a history of losing, so for Joshua's sake I kept it a secret.  Take that baseball gods!

Cheering for the Cardinals is very difficult for me, so it is probably best that I was doing it in secret.  It is not because have anything against the city of Saint Louis or any players. Part of my reason is that this was the Cardinals eleventh World Series title.  That is more than any team deserves.

The biggest obstacle to me cheering for St Lou is their manager Tony La Russa.  He is the best manager in baseball, but he is also a great big jerk.  Though I suspect that if he was the Cubs manager, I might be able to overlook that.  I read Three Nights in August and still don't like him.  For those of you unfamiliar with him, I can best sum him up like this.  He is one of those people who like animals better than humans.

So congratulations to Joshua for making that wise decision to be a Cardinals fan twenty some years ago.

2 comments:

  1. La Russa added to his jerkness by retiring right after his team won. hashtag-justsaying

    ReplyDelete