Thursday, May 19, 2011

New Kid in Town

Last night I was wandering about on the internet and decided to see if I could find any rumors about who might fill the coaching vacancy at Murray State.  My first stop was ESPN.  Since I am not an ESPN insider I was unable to read the rumors article.  However I did find a very complimentary article from Andy Katz.  My next step was a google search that made me forget all about not having a coach.  Belmont University is leaving the Atlantic Sun Conference to join the Ohio Valley Conference.  This is a huge get for the OVC.  For those of you who do not speak mid-major basketball, this is like when a few years ago the Big East brought in Louisville, Marquette, and Cincinnati.  Often teams come to the OVC straight from division II.  Belmont, on the other hand, has been the best team in the Atlantic Sun for the last six years with four appearances in the NCAA tournament.  The addition of Belmont plus wins in the NCAA tournament three years in a row puts the OVC closer to my dream of going from a one bid to a two bid conference.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited about you not being able to blog this coming weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the previous comment was for the "Here's What You Missed" post. It makes much more sense there.

    ReplyDelete