Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Here's What You Missed

Or, more likely, did not miss at all.  You may have noticed that I did not write anything this weekend.  It was not because I was super busy.  In fact, it was the exact opposite.  I was a giant slug this weekend and completely ignored my blogging duties.  So here is a brief summary of the posts you should have read this weekend.

I finally got my oil changed on Wednesday.  I had not been intentionally putting it off, I just never remembered at a convenient time that it was overdue.  My plan was to write about how the world had change during those six months while I was driving those seven thousand four hundred miles.  I never got any further than that premise because everything important that has happened this year has already been written about here.  I thought about putting together some boring statistics like the price of gasoline has gone up thirty-seven cents a gallon and the national debt has gone up infinity trillion dollars.  But doing the research for that was more than my laziness was prepared for, so I gave it up as a bad job.

My other unwritten post was about the rapture that did not happen Saturday.  My plan was to write a diary of my last twenty-four hours on this earth.  Starting with the Cubs first visit to Fenway Park since 1918 when they lost the World Series to Red Sox who were led by their star pitcher Babe Ruth.  Then ending it right in the middle of a sentence, implying that I was raptured before I could finish the post.  I had a couple of descent jokes in mind for this.  I vacuumed the house and was going to compare that to people who think you need to die wearing clean underwear.  The main reason I ended up not writing this is that it was such a lazy boring Saturday that I had no confidence that I could make it interesting to read about.  I mostly just played on the playstation, watched some tv, and read some comic books.  That is a great day in my opinion but hardly blog inspiring.  I am pretty disappointed in myself for not at least starting this post.  It had enough comic potential that I think it would have made a nice post.

I apologize for failing to stick to my blogging schedule this weekend.  I probably will not be writing next weekend either, though for much better reasons.  I look forward to the day that writing becomes second nature to me instead of something that I have to force myself to do.

2 comments:

  1. Since I was fully expecting to be one of the chosen few on Saturday, I bought new underwear so I could be prepared for the event. Also, I bought a new suit for the event. I wanted to look my best when I helped greeted the rest of the chosen few.

    I did not get around to getting my apartment 100% clean because I was worried about having enough clean underwear in Heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry your weekend was boring. Perhaps you should try writing poetry for your blog. I've found it to be a diverting and fun way to talk about boring things (see my fb page for examples). Besides, sometimes your rhymes are funny as in that birthday card you did for Ellen that time.

    ReplyDelete