Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Weekend Update

It has taken me until now to recover from all the basketball last weekend.  Here in no particular order are the highlights from the weekend.

Murray State beat Colorado State 58-41.  As disappointing as the game against Marquette was, it doesn't overshadow the great 31-2 season.

Duke lost to Lehigh 75-70.  The game that Duke loses is always my favorite game of the tournament.  The fact that it happened in the first round against a 15 seed may make it my favorite game of all time.

Former Racers Mick Cronin and Mark Gottfried both reached the sweet sixteen.  I will keep cheering them on despite the fact that they ruined my bracket.

I ate my weight in Oreos.  I know that sounds impossible, but I it actually happened.  It was no easy task considering that with each Oreo that I ate my weight increased.  I also ate quite a bit of non-Oreo food that was really good, but it paled in comparison to the Oreos.  Did I mention that I like Oreos.  I just had to take a break from writing this to go to the kitchen and get an Oreo.

Ellen and I spent some time using the scenario generator trying to determine who needed to win the games to put either of our brackets in first place or put other people's brackets into last place.  I can no longer reach first (thanks Missouri and Florida State) but Ellen still can.

The lowest light of the weekend was watching all those commercials over and over again on live television.  It did lead to the stunning revelation that Mayhem and Dennis Duffy are played by the same actor.  It blew Ellen's mind.  She was torn between a love for Mayhem that is deeper than the Mariana Trench and a hatred for Dennis Duffy that burns with the intensity of a thousand suns.

I had my first fantasy baseball draft of the season Sunday night.  With the #1 pick I drafted Miguel Cabrera, then he broke his face the next day.

2 comments:

  1. That Mayhem video was life-changing. Dennis Duffy, not so much.

    Mmmm . . . oreos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so expecting a tribute to Tina Fey.

    ReplyDelete