Saturday, March 10, 2012

Racer Withdrawal

Today is the first Saturday in months that I there has not been a Murray State basketball game to watch.  To fill my Racer needs, I turned to the dvr and the internet.  I watched the tournament win over Vanderbilt from two seasons ago.  Unfortunately back then all the games were on CBS instead of the four channel schedule that started last season.  My local station was showing an earlier game that went into overtime.  As a result, I only have the second half of the Murray game recorded.  The game was just as great as I remembered, though not as stressful this time around.  It was really strange seeing Ed Daniel with short hair.  Here are some of the game highlights.


Here's another highlight from that season.


This is a video made by CBS Sports recently.  Earlier this week I went searching for Aubrey Reese's buzzer beater against SEMO in the 1999 OVC title game.  All I could find was a low quality twelve minute video that took forever to buffer.  Since I could not find a good clip of that shot, I will leave you with this instead.


Next up on the dvr is last season's win over Stanford.

2 comments:

  1. If I would have been a better friend, I should have put them on a DVD so you could have them forever. I will try to remember to do that next season on the televised games. Glad Murray State had a 30-1 record.

    The school anthem video was funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In honor of you, I have picked the Racers to win it all in all of my brackets.

    ReplyDelete