Wednesday, February 29, 2012

My Commute

I would like to thank Al Gore for both the warm weather we are having now and the chance to publish a story about it.  If he had not invented global warming and the internet, you would not be able to read this tale.

One day last week I was driving to work with my roof open.  Sixty degree weather is a welcome relief from the usual bone chilling February temperatures.  As I was driving along the interstate, I heard a loud noise.  I frantically looked around trying to find the source of the disturbance, hoping that Betty was not making that noise.  There were no cars around me, so my fears of a wreck were temporarily relieved.  But then I looked up and the entire window was filled by the belly of a plane.  I was a little bit terrified.  It looked close enough that if I had stuck my hand out of the window that I would have been able to touch it.  I should probably point out that I was driving passed the airport when this happened.  Thankfully the plane past over me and as far as I know landed safely.  Despite my fear, I was able to control my bladder and arrive at work unscathed.  And then I found five dollars.

3 comments:

  1. global warning, internet, five dollars--hee hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  2. "passed" not "past," but I love you anyway.

    ReplyDelete