Friday, February 17, 2012

It's Awesome, Baby!

Tonight in Murray Ky, the #16 Saint Mary's Gaels play #14 Murray State Racers. This will be first time that two ranked teams have played at the CFBC Center, and the first time that a ranked MSU will play another ranked team. The game will be televised on ESPN and called by Dick Vitale. I'm not a big Dickie V fan, but he is the voice of college basketball.

Two weeks ago #14 St. Mary's was 22-2, and #7 Murray was 23-0. Since then the Racers lost to TSU and the Gaels have lost 2 of 3. Despite the recent losses by both teams, this is still a great matchup. Both teams should already be locks for the NCAA tournament, but if not, today's winner will definitely be in.

When this game was scheduled, I was very worried about SMC's size advantage. I am still nervous, but their recent losses make me feel better about Murray's chances.

3 comments:

  1. Great win by the Racers! Watched all the second half after supper. At one point Susan says there is no need for me to talk to the refs because Shane is probably doing enough for me and her both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't have to talk to the refs much. I had an audience watching me watch the game so I behaved. Mostly I talked to those 15 turnovers. Isn't hanging on the rim the stupidest rule in all of sports? St. Mary's was playing without a starter and had to travel east two time zones, but come selection Sunday that won't be remembered.

    ReplyDelete