Wednesday, November 9, 2011

My Name Is Shane

The fantasy version of the 1972 Miami Dolphins popped the cork on the champagne Monday night.  The Neptune Pirates suffered their first loss of the season this weekend.  This ended an eleven game winning streak dating back to last year's champions.  I now have to win out to top the 13-2 championship season of 2010.  I knew that this week was going to be the 8-1 Pirates most difficult test.  I was playing against the second place team, now 8-1 also, without Adrian Peterson, Matthew Stafford, and the newly acquired Calvin Johnson.  Thankfully the 8-0 NFL Green Bay Packers are still undefeated with a fourteen game winning streak that includes a Super Bowl win.  Hopefully they will keep the real 72 Dolphins from celebrating this year.

In other fantasy football news, on Saturday night I reminded my opponent in two leagues that he had not yet edited his lineup for the Sunday's games.  I am sure that he would have remembered it on his own, but that act of sportsmanship netted me enough karma to win both games.  In another league I did not show that same amount of sportsmanship and lost to a team that had two players in its lineup on their bye week.  Only one player on my team reached his projected points total.  I scored 44 points less than projected and lost by less than four points.  Karma giveth, and karma taketh away.

2 comments:

  1. I have no interest in fantasy football generally, but this post was amusing and fun. Impressive. Most Impressive. I sort of thought that you might blog about how you accompanied two infants to a bar last night, but I guess I'll just have to wait for that story until Ellen gets to it. There are only four other GCABH posts that she has to write before then. But she had a bad day yesterday, and I hear that she's writing a big paper that's 15% of her grade. So I'm not going to hassle her about it...too much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surprisingly, I actually read this yesterday even though I haven't read any other blogs all week. Thank your moma for mentioning that you'd blogged. Embarrassingly, it took me until today to realize what the title of the post meant.

    ReplyDelete