Sunday, August 14, 2011

Cubs Win!

I met someone last week.  I don't like meeting people.  One reason for this is that eventually the question is asked, "What do you do?"  The honest answer is that I don't do much.  I am very boring.  But last week when introducing myself, for the first time part of my answer was that I write.  I don't write well or often, but I now think of myself as a writer.  Writing, like most arts, requires lots of practice.  If I am ever to grow into a better writer, I need to turn off this ballgame so that I am not too distracted to think.

8 comments:

  1. I read somewhere you are quick with a quip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blogs titles are definitely witty and require some creative thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Check the recent comments. I've finally chimed in on Megamind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The is the only way the Cubs can win. No new blog in 5 days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. your catching-up on blogs aunt (to my WRITER nephew!)August 22, 2011 at 9:53 PM

    Boring is not a word I would ever use to describe you. I'd tell you all the good ones I'd use, but they'd give you the big head. (You are more like Aunt Donna than I knew--hating to meet new people!) And isn't it amazing how much practice writing takes?

    ReplyDelete