Saturday, March 26, 2011

Still Madly Marching

If you were not already convinced that I am terrible at predicting the outcome of basketball games, this round proves it.  Only one of my elite eight teams is still in the tournament.  Thankfully it is Kansas, my national champion.  If I was not writing this at work, I could check my old brackets, but I am sure this is fewest teams left ever in this round.

Three more Jayhawk wins could get me out of last place.  Apparently I used up all of my sports luck last April.  Even after repicking the games, I still only got four of the eight.  My new final four picks are Kansas, Butler, Arizona, and North Carolina.

Butler is an easy pick because I have to pick against Florida.  Butler is becoming one of my favorite teams with their deep tournament runs these last two years.  The other two picks are more difficult.  I am only picking the Heels to keep from jinxing Kentucky.  Though this could be the reverse jinx.  I have seen very little of the Arizona games and know nothing about them, but I am picking them as a reward for beating Duke.

No comments:

Post a Comment