Saturday, January 22, 2011

Marcus Camby is still alive.

I am sure that you all expected a blog about sports at some point in my career.  I had considered to make a sports parody, but the onion beat me to it.  There is no way I can compete with the onion.  So instead of writing about sports, I will write about fantasy sports.  The over/under for first fantasy blog was 8 1/2.  If you took the under, you are the big wiener.

I once heard Daniel Okrent say that the most interesting thing to talk about is your own fantasy team and the least interesting thing to hear about is somebody else's.  Okrent is the guy who invented fantasy sports.  If he does not care about my team, I am sure that you do not either.  So you have my permission to stop reading now, unless there is a question directed to you later in the blog.

Last weekend I traded Eric Gordon for Marcus Camby.  I did not want to give up Gordon, but my team is very guard heavy, and I really needed Camby's rebounds and blocks.  On the day that the trade was finalized, Camby hurts his knee and will be out for three to five weeks.  The even worse part of this story is that Camby is now on the bench of both of my NBA fantasy teams.  I doubt that I make another trade this season considering that two of the three players that I acquired in my other trade this season also got hurt after joining my roster.

The silver lining to this story is that Camby should return to my lineup before the season ends.  That is not always the case.  In the most famous fantasy trade, Joshua traded Darryl Kile to Robyn just days before he died.  It is strange that as often as this trade gets mentioned during family gatherings, I do not even remember who Joshua got in return.  I just tried to look up the results from the 2002 season, but that is the season that yahoo lost.  If either of you remember the other side of that trade, please remind me.

3 comments:

  1. Sure we're talking about killing people with math. I can't remember though. I am sure that if Kile hadn't died, Robyn would have gotten the better end of the deal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jayne will you only be quoting yourself or will you be quoting the rest of the crew also? If you quote Mal, I look forward to the day that you say, "My days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah well, what you plan and what takes place ain't ever exactly been similar. I will be using the whole crew although I will use my namesake as much as possible but am limited since I plan to stay g-rated.

    ReplyDelete