Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The words she knows, the tune she hums

The last book I read I chose based on nothing other than the title.  Hold Me Closer, Necromancer is the greatest book title ever.  If you don't recognize the comic genius of this title, it is a play on the Elton John classic Hold Me Closer Tony Danza, that tells the story of a housekeeper striving to establish himself as the boss despite the fact that Alyssa Milano is clearly in charge.  In addition to the great title, each chapter shares its name with a famous song or song lyric.

Next on my reading list is the biography about our sixteenth president and his mission to end slavery and slay the undead.  There is a new documentary out about his life, so I have decided to read the book before seeing the movie.

1 comment:

  1. I've never seen an episode of Who's the Boss, but I thought that the Tiny Dancer was actually pretty good in the Jack Lemmon remake of 12 Angry Men.

    ReplyDelete